Provincial Meetings 2008
Provincial Meetings are aimed at raising awareness, as well as developing and enhancing capacity amongst civil society pertaining to the realities and challenges of HIV and AIDS,m so as to ensure and facilitate a more effective human rights-based response. The 2008 Provincial Meetings will primarily focus on the HIV & AIDS and STI National Strategic Plan for South Africa 2007 - 2011 (NSP) - exploring progress and challenges with the implementation of the various NSP goals, targets and interventions.
The meetings will take place in May and June 2008. For more information please contact the ALN office.
Provincial Meetings 2007
Provincial Meetings are aimed at raising awareness, as well as developing and enhancing capacity amongst civil society pertaining to the realities and challenges of HIV and AIDS, so as to ensure and facilitate a more effective human rights-based response.
Topic: Core beliefs and the HIV and AIDS pandemic
- 24 May 2007: Northern Cape, Upington
- 28 May2007 : Kwazulu Natal, Durban
- 14 June 2007: Limpopo,Polokwane
- 21 June 2007: North West, Rustenburg
- 26 June 2007: Free State, Bloemfontein
- 12 July 2007: Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
- 26 July 2007: Mpumalanga, Nelspruit
- 07 August 2007: Western Cape, Cape Town
Public Debates 2006
The Public Debates are held at the Community House in Salt River, Cape Town, on the third Wednesday of every other month. The aim of these Public Debates is to provide a platform to discuss various factors determining HIV and AIDS realities and to collectively identify mechanisms of how to address and respond to these challenges.
- HIV and AIDS: What is in the best interest of the child? – 15 March 2006
- Labour - 17 May 2006
- Testing & Disclosure - 19 July 2006
- Current Issues & Updates - 20 September 2006
- 07 June 2006: North West, Mafikeng
- HIV Prevention - 15 November 2006